Kevin Maciorowski (PGA) – Director of Golf
Is married and has two children. Kevin turned professional in 1991 and became a PGA member, A-1, in 1998. Before coming to Westlake as the Head Pro in 2005, Kevin worked as an Assistant Golf Pro at the Spring Lake GC, Navesink CC and Suburban GC. Kevin has also served on numerous NJPGA committees.
• Featured in September issue of Garden State Golf News (2005)
• Voted New Jersey PGA Assistant Golf Professional of the Year – 2000
• Selected to play in Cleveland Cup – 2002
• Selected to play on 5 Squire Cup Teams (Captain 1997)
• Winner MGP Cup 2014
• Course Record Westlake—66 (10/1/2011)
• Runner-Up Pro Governor Championship – 2009 (With Joyce Connelly)
• Winner Pro President Championship – 2008 (With Stan Dubroff)
• Winner Rockaway River Charity Classic Pro-Am Gross Division — 2007
• Finished 15th New Jersey State Open — 2004
• Scored a Double Eagle/ Hole-In-One – 2003
• Played in Met Open; Winged Foot Golf Club – 2002
• Placed 3rd New Jersey Assistant Player of the Year Points List – 2000 • Winner New Jersey Assistants PGA Match Play Championship – 2000
• Qualified for 12 New Jersey State Opens
• Qualified for National Long Drive Championship – 1991 (With a drive of 342 yards)
• Team Captain and MVP 3 years William Paterson University Golf team – 1996- 98
Assistant Golf Professional – Paul Freda
We like to welcome Paul Freda, a native of Monmouth County, New Jersey to the Westlake Golf & Country Club as our new Assistant Golf Professional. After graduating from Neptune High School in 2010, he attended the University of High Point in North Carolina where he graduated in 2015 with a degree in Health and Physical Education.
During his college years, he worked at the Manasquan River Golf Club, where he started as a caddie and worked his way up to Operations Manager, which also included responsibility as an Assistant Caddie Master.
This experience and exposure at Manasquan River led him in a direction to pursue making a career in the golfing community and a goal of becoming a head golf professional.
He also spent time as a teacher for five years at the Point Pleasant Borough High School, as well as coaching Ice Hockey and Baseball.
Tony Johnson – Golf Course Superintendent
I am pleased to announce the hiring of Anthony (Tony) Johnson as our new golf superintendent at Westlake Golf and Country Club. Tony comes to us with an impressive background and extensive experience in the industry.
After receiving his degree in turfgrass management at Danville Area Community College he majored in Wildlife Biology at the University of Montana. He broke into the business at Rocky Ridge Golf Club in Indiana before moving on to the famed Sand Ridge Golf Club in Ohio. Sand Ridge is ranked in the top 50 courses in America by Golf Digest and has received numerous accolades. In 2005, Tony began an impressive career at Saucon Valley Country Club in Bethlehem, PA where he was employed for 10 years. Saucon Valley is considered one of the premier golf facilities on the east coast with 60 holes and equally impressive grounds. To date it has hosted 6 USGA championships. Tony first served as assistant superintendent and from 2009 to 2015 was the Superintendent of the Old Course. In 2015, he became the superintendent at Penobscot Valley Country Club, a Donald Ross course in Maine.
Tony has family in the Pennsylvania area and has been anxious to move back in this area for a long time now. We are excited to have Tony on our team and like you, are anxious to begin the season. If you happen to see Tony feel free to introduce yourself and wish him well.
Westlake has a support staff of 25 greens and golf staffers
Arthur Hills, a past president of the American Society of Golf Course Architects, has designed more than 120 golf courses including Polmetto Dunes Resort in South Carolina and the Ocean course at Half Moon Links in California. Arthurs Hills has also been retained as a consultant at Oakland Hills, Inverness, Oakmont, and Crystal Downs to name a few.
For more information please call our PGA Professional, Kevin Maciorowski at 732-833-7274.