Summer is here, the weather’s nice, and you want to enjoy it. But when you’re retired and have no growing to-do lists to worry about, you’re probably looking for some outdoor activities for summer. Don’t worry—we’ve got you covered!
13 Fun Things to Do in the Summer
Kids seem to have a plethora of outdoor activities for summer, but adults are often left out of the fun. If you’ve been wondering what to do with yourself, it’s time to make that to-do list. A to-do list of fun!
For the 55 and older crowd, here are 13 fun things to do in the summer that will add tons more joy to those longer days.
- Go to outdoor concerts. There are plenty of free events around the community or you can check out the tour schedule of your favorite bands or musicians.
- Eat at a famous restaurant. Travel and make a day of it!
- Visit a local farm. Pick your own produce and fresh fruits, then make a delicious dessert.
- Start a garden where you can grow your own fresh produce.
- Make watching the sun set a regular event. Find new places where you can see it best.
- Drive farther south and go deep sea fishing.
- Host an outdoor dinner party for the fun of it. Include some great music that rival outdoor concerts!
- Organize a car wash and give the proceeds to your favorite charitable organization.
- Hold a regular outdoor game night with board games, card games, or charades.
- Karaoke can be one of the fun things to do in summer
- Buy a kite and plan a day with your spouse, family, or friends to fly it. You can incorporate watching the sun set with this one!
- Visit an outdoor attraction that you’ve never been to in your hometown.
- Move the television outdoors and watch movies on nice evenings. If you have the budget, you can make this one of the more regular outdoor activities for summer by hiring contractors to build a trendy outdoor living room!
Just Get Outside and Have Fun!
We get it. It’s easy to just lounge around all day, eating snacks, or binge-watching your favorite shows. But you’ll do your mind and body a favor by trying out some of these fun things to do in summer. This way, you’ll have something to look forward to every day.